Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bad Idea

Today I was hurrying to make dinner (a pot of chili) and as I was motoring down the home stretch, I dropped an open 28-oz can of tomatoes. And I caught it before it hit the floor.

(An aside: yeah, I put tomatoes in my chili, so just back off, you food purist freak. Don't judge me. And sometimes I put in beans, too, so there! Just not kidney beans, because that would be terribly terribly wrong. By the way, Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes make a great addition to chili. FYI. Assuming you actually get the tomatoes into the pot.)

Anyhoo, here comes the bad part: the can ricocheted off the stovetop before it headed for the floor, splattering me, the stove, cabinets, etc etc so that the whole scene looked something out of a slasher movie. A messy slasher movie.

And I also caught the can by the lid.

So I cut my hand, which made me scream (more in anger and pain than in fear), which brought the Hubby running, who saw the mess and thought I'd been shot. It might have been the chunk of tomato on my cheek.

Two things still piss me off: my hand really really hurts. And I didn't think to take a picture of the scene so that I could post it in the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home