Friday, March 02, 2007

Pestilence, Redux

Apparently my claim that the Valentine's week illness around here was a Horseman of the Apocalypse was just too much for the God of Irony to resist. So, for the following two weeks, we've had a whole lot of pestience around here and it's still going on. It's been a rodeo of pestilential horsemen, with clowns and barrel-racing and every last one of us has been to the doctor at least once.

To sum up: Sweet Baby Girl had a cold with high fevers, vomiting and coughing. (And, lemme tellya, nothing gets a bleary-eyed POM moving faster than realizing that the child, in the grip of the middle-of-the-night sobbing, has been struggling to utter the word "bucket." I think I actually scorched myself a bit, merely from the friction of my pajamas moving against the surrounding air.

I had a cold, with the same symptoms (but take away vomiting and substitute nausea) that turned into a sinus infection and tonsilitis. My tonsils were so swollen and painful that it felt like I was swallowing knives for two whole days. And said tonsils were so swollen that if I slept on my back, my airway closed and I couldn't exhale.

And Hubby has the same cold and an eye infection that has one eye so swollen he looks like a freakin' pirate.

And, you know what makes this whole situtation even more fun? Houseguests.

Oh, didn't I mention that we had houseguests? The worst of the viral rodeo wasn't until it was just my mother-in-law staying with us, which meant that she got a lot of one-on-one time with her granddaughter while I did things like sleep and go to the doctor. And I wasn't running a high fever until after the big barbecue.

And guess what we're doing this weekend? Yep, another barbecue, one that we've been planning for weeks and people will be coming from out of town for. Greeaaat.

At least nobody's going to come stay with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home