Monday, March 05, 2007

Barbecue Fun

Given the depleted state of the Pissed-Off Family, it's a pleasant surprise to be able to announce that the barbecue went off quite well. Everyone loved the food, the kids all had a great time, and I don't think anyone was poisoned or mortally offended.

I wasn't exactly on top of my game, given that I was tired and achy for much of the event and Hubby was also somewhat tired, having gotten up at four o'clock in the freakin morning to start the brisket. But, it went well and my kid wasn't the whiniest one there, or even the second-whiniest.

Oh, and Lucy, the cancerous, food-stealing, screen-shredding, chicken-killing dog had a fabulous time, stealing (and devouring) a dozen or so kolaches, a strudel and God knows what else. She was so stuffed that she looked like she was ready to drop a litter any minute.

I worried briefly that she'd managed to eat herself to death and then realized that she's already lived months past what the vet predicted. I suspect for a basset hound to die of excess strudel comsumption is something of a badge of honor, especially compared to cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home